Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Air filter getting wet

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:38:11 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

I would not have considered it oil conservation so much. But I do know
not to run the engine without it :-))

I've just always thouht of ventilation as the most important function
of the crankcase breather.

And really it is. Especially in a motor that depends on motor parts
splashing the oil around from the sump instead of it being pumped.

If the valves seat tightly and seals - do not leak, there is very
little chance for oil to enter the chamber covered by the breather.

The breather wants to release gases, so they do not return to the
combustion chamber through a valve and or misfire and send a puff of
smoke out the exhaust.

Back when I was racing it was pretty rural here. One county Deputy
assigned to our township who knew better than to chase me

You're not old to enough to have run moonshine :-))

Jr. Johnson went from moonshine to "stock car", now NASCAR.

Movie _White Lightening_
--
Oren