Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
David Kazdan David Kazdan is offline

Default Homemade lathe

Fine Woodworking had a collection out some years ago of plans for
homemade woodworking tools. There was a really nice looking treadle
lathe in that using bicycle parts.

I loaned my copy of the book to a grad school professor...so much for
that...

Michael Faurot wrote:
NoName wrote:
Has anyone ever tried converting a treadle sewing machine base into a
lathe? if so, was it successful and do you have plans drawn up I could
look at?

The current issue of Popular Woodworking (August 2007, Issue #163) has
an article entitled A Bicycle Built for Bowls, that might be of
related interested. It's about making a foot-powered lathe using
bicycle parts.