Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default Sodastream - minor success

"Mogga" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:53:03 +0100, "Icky Thwacket" wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"OG" writes:
After several months of less than satisfactory 'fizz' from our Gemini
drinks
maker and a few attempts at fixing it, I've finally worked out what was
wrong. The central spike that injects CO2 into the water had come a
little
loose. Not enough to notice, but enough to let gas escape and
preventing
it
from getting enough pressure to dissolve in the water. Tightened it up
and
it now fizzes and farts properly.

It's worth documenting!

Gosh. We had one of those in the early 1970's...
Didn't know they still existed.

We now buy the 2 litre bottles of ready fizzed filtered water from
Tesco's
for 17p.

If you take account of the fact that the water is already filtered and had
the majority of chlorine removed I think this works out cheaper than the
soda stream.

Is the environmental impact more though with the transportation of all
those bottles and plastic?

Also the lack of fizz by the time you get to the end of the bottle.