Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Air filter getting wet

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 08:37:07 -0700, wrote:

I have a new Toro lawn mower, Briggs & Stratton engine. Model 20053.
I've been using it since the last week of May.
I mow about 6-8 lawns per week, and last week I noticed that the mower
would let out a think white smoke when I start it, since then I only
prime the mower twice instead of thrice. Now, yesterday I decided to
clean my whole mower, and found that there was gas and/or oil on the
air filter. Now you're probably thinking, that leaned it over on the
air filter side, but I assure you that everytime I've leaned to mower
over, the air filter side was up. So I use a paper towel and squeeze
the oil/gas out of the Styrofoam around the filter. I dry the case,
which is also oily. I mow my lawn, and afterwards I see that there is
new oil around the case, and on the filter.

I figured maybe I have too much oil, so I checked it about 10 times,
and it seems fine, I didn't even put much oil in the machine, it says
it can take 591ml and I put about 500 and it was at the full line.

Any help?
Thanks.
Mitch

Good point about the crankcase breather (Meat Plow).

Check the condition of the spark plug firing end. Compare it to this
chart and see if something is seriously wrong like a valve seal or
piston ring.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

--
Oren