Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MDF Cupboard Doors

Lobster wrote:
GB wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I will varnish the insides of the doors to
be on the safe side.

I'm still *very* unconvinced about the need to treat both sides of the
MDF the same to prevent warping; however if you're now going to paint
the insides white, then I do think that giving them a priming coat of
varnish just to match the outsides would be a bit daft...

Its not really necessary at all. MDF - unlike wood - its fairly
dimensionally stable, and not strong enough to warp itself if it gets
damp as long as its well screwed down