Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Washing machine water valves.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:53:30 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:22:34 -0400, mm wrote:

snip
Even that is probably not enough. The hose can spray up or sideways
when it bursts. IIRC, in my case it didn't, but when my little hose
to my humidifier burst, it sprayed sideways over lots of things.

Mom's burst while she was washing and while she was still by the
machine.Her location is the same. That sucker sprayed everywhere until she
could figure out where to shut the water off. Luckily it only took her a
minute to shut the water off. Had it burst, it would have been a mess.

There's that part where you have to plunge into the spray to turn it
off, even though one's reflex is to go the other direction.