Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Charging more for plumbing?

rrh wrote:
I charge according to the perceived depth of the punter's pocket,
amongst other factors.

Remind me never to employ you for any job on my house. Ever. What
happened to a fair rate for the job done?

It's called 'business'. I adopt the same principle as John Stumbles does.

If I estimate (not quote) a job at 'approximately' 5 hours and do it in 4
the customer is happy. If it takes 6 hours they are rarely happy to pay the
extra.

It happens all the time in real life too. Consider Tesco 'value', Tesco
'standard' and Tesco 'Finest'.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman