Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Mower dealer said do not wash mower

On 29 Jun 2007 12:25:57 -0700, jeffreydesign
wrote:

Here's something more that "I heard" but it applies to newer John
Deere riding mowers. My neighbor across the street from me AND another
friend of mine bought similar John Deere riding mowers (nice ones)
late last year. They both wash their mowers - not every time they use
them but when they get dirty enought to wash them. They both run them
afterwards to dry them out. BOTH of these mowers have been in the shop
SEVERAL times already having deck bearings replaced. Less than a year
old!

IMHO, this isn't a problem with washing the mower - you should be able
to wash it without problems. The problem is poor design.

JM

I used to think John Deere, Honda, and Lawnboy were good mowers, but
it just turns out that they are no better than others, just
overpriced. I'm having good luck with Toro mowers. And I have a
neighbor that has been using a Sears mower for over 12 years without
any needed repairs.