Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,scot.legal,scot.general

Default DIY conveyancing in Scotland?

In article .com,
John Nagelson writes:
Am I right to think that DIY conveyancing is legal in Scotland?

I.e. that the buyer or seller of a house can act in person.

And would e.g. a seller's solicitor be guilty of obstruction if they
refused to deal with a buyer who was acting in person?

When I last used a solicitor for conveyancing, they advised
that their fees were sometimes almost doubled when having
to deal with a DIY conveyancer. Also, the process generally
took longer which increased the chance of it falling through.
[This was England though.]

--
Andrew Gabriel