Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Mac Disaster

On 2007-06-29 14:08:45 +0100, Matty F said:

On Jun 29, 11:27 pm, " wrote:
Have you got a link to the original report on that?

Here's a Usenet discussion with all the points that are sure to be
made:http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....thread/e25b1af...

Looking at the original thread,

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....ad/thread/8d7c...

there seems to be just one person with an axe to grind, whilst the
other posters disagree with him.

Are you and "Pete" the same person?

No I don't know who Pete is. I think most of New Zealand would agree
that Makita badly stuffed up their handling of that case.

On a PR basis, possibly. However, this doesn't address the issue that
the user clearly didn't follow the manufacturer's instructions
regarding safety glasses.

Matt, should he wear body armour as well?

For this one, no.

For the Techtronics Ryobi radial arm saw, possibly.