Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Mac Disaster

:Jerry: wrote:

This would be true if "DIYers" as a class only wanted something that
will get the job done as cheaply as possible and don't care what the
quality of the results or the experience of use are like. While in
some cases this may be true, in many it is not.

With respect, in this day and age of people knowing the cost of
everything but the value of nothing, I would suggest that your comment
is a*se about t*t - you have the words 'some' and 'many' transcribed!

Perhaps you are right, I don't have any figures to confirm one way or
the other. The only safe thing to say is that "DIY" implies different
things to different people. For me it is about doing stuff to a standard
that would be hard to buy, about making furniture, and doing the
occasional bit of building work. If I save money doing it then that is
nice, but it is not the main motivation.

--
Cheers,

John.