Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Mac Disaster

On 2007-06-29 16:22:39 +0100, ":Jerry:" said:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
:Jerry: wrote:

Isn't that the point here, whilst all groups benefit from having
semi-pro and fully pro people from the trades, what is often
forgotten by those same people is that they might in a month use a
tool more than an average DIYer does in a year - IOW if the DIYer
is going to build their own house than the expense of buying pro
tools makes sense how ever you look at it but for someone who just
does the odd DIY job around it doesn't, the price certainly
reflects the build quality but not always the accuracy during the
tools designed life span (which will be measured in operating
hours).

This would be true if "DIYers" as a class only wanted something that
will get the job done as cheaply as possible and don't care what the
quality of the results or the experience of use are like. While in
some cases this may be true, in many it is not.

With respect, in this day and age of people knowing the cost of
everything but the value of nothing, I would suggest that your comment
is a*se about t*t - you have the words 'some' and 'many' transcribed!

I agree with John. DIY does not equate to cheap.