Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Mac Disaster

On Jun 29, 11:27 pm, " wrote:
Have you got a link to the original report on that?

Here's a Usenet discussion with all the points that are sure to be
made:http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....thread/e25b1af...

Looking at the original thread,

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....ad/thread/8d7c...

there seems to be just one person with an axe to grind, whilst the
other posters disagree with him.

Are you and "Pete" the same person?

No I don't know who Pete is. I think most of New Zealand would agree
that Makita badly stuffed up their handling of that case.

Do some of you guys sell or work for Makita? I only got involved in
this because of comments such as these:

"I won't buy anything but Makita from now on, it's just so good and
'does exactly what is says on the tin'."

"Its certainly a safe way to know you will get something that is at a
minimum "good" and will last (and I have never been disappointed with
any of my Makita kit)".

To refute that completely I refer you to some of Makita recalls. I
suggest that everybody check for recalls for all of their power tools.

-----------------------------
PRODUCT RECALL: Makita 7-inch Angle Grinders

Makita U.S.A. Inc., of La Mirada, Calif. has announced a voluntary
recall of Makita 7-inch Angle Grinder.
Consumers should stop using the recalled products immediately unless
otherwise instructed.
The guards on some of these angle grinders will not fully cover a
hubbed grinding wheel. As a result, if the hubbed grinding wheel comes
apart during use, it could hit the user, possibly causing serious
personal injury.
The recall only involves Makita GA7011C 7-inch angle grinders.
-----------------------------------
TITLE: CPSC, Makita U.S.A. Inc. Announce Recall of Chain Saws

Name of Product: Makita Chain Saws
Units: About 3,400 units
Distributor: Makita U.S.A. Inc., of La Mirada, Calif.
Manufactured in: Germany
Hazard: The flywheels on some of the chain saws can come apart during
use, which could cause serious personal injury.
Makita Circular Saw Recall

In the interest of end user safety Makita Australia is undertaking a
voluntary recall of circular saw models 5606B, 5806B, 5740NB for
modification of the saw blade guard assembly.