Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Mac Disaster

On Jun 29, 8:57 pm, " wrote:
A user in New Zealand lost an eye when
his sander pad broke apart, and Makita didn't want to compensate him
until forced to by public opinion..
Losing an eye is NOT a "minor injury".

Have you got a link to the original report on that?

Newspaper reports have now vanished from their archives.
I note that the eye-losing accident occurred many months after the
recall was announced in the US on March 7 2003. In NZ we cannot claim
against manufacturers for such accidents, so it is not considered so
necessary to publicise recalls. But that would have saved the guy's
eye.

Here's a Usenet discussion with all the points that are sure to be
made:
http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz....ddfbcd60fbcea0