Grunff

Default Electric fence power indicator? Neon?

Andy Dingley wrote:

Depends on the earth, and the type of fence driver. If you have a low
earth impedance, and can get a decent voltage on the neon, then your
design will work. If the earth is lousy, then the rectifier-capacitor
design can charge up successive pulses until there's enough to flash
the neon.

True, very true.

There's a guy near my parents (West Lancs) who (like everyone around
there) has lots of glasshouses. In the Xmas runup, and to provide a
burglar alarm for the glasshouses, he keeps geese outside around them.
His fence has fluorescent tubes hung off it, which manage to flash
quite impressively. I've no idea what he drives the fence with, but
I'm not touching it....

Must be an interesting sight. A farmer not so far from here
drives his fences with old neon sign trannies. *OUCH*

--
Grunff