Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] yersnerk@yasnoozie.net is offline

Default Board-on-board fencing question

I'm aware of what you're referring to. If the posts were mounted
18" to 2 ft deep with Quickcrete cement, 18 inches across the top of
each hole, (the 8 ft. post is inserted 2ft deep), and each post is
staggered 8 feet to the next one, and each 2 by 4 rail post is
mounted against the 4x4 post (or with metal brackets connected each
2x4), then there should be little sway with a finger as you
mentioned. I know because I built my fence as highlighted a month
ago and it is strong. (I used weather-treated pickets (board), but
cedar is better against the rot portion.

The fence should not sway as you suggested. I'd mention to him again
as to your dissatisfaction (or mention you'll report his biz to the
BBB - court.

--jer--

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 5