Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Sparge Mark Sparge is offline

Default Update to "blown 220v outlet" thread

On Jun 27, 8:21 pm, "Laurie" wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
How come no one has yet asked.....

Did the electrician offer any suggestions as to what may have happened
to cause that "pop" and trip the circuit breaker?

Yep - I'm waiting til the weekend when I can be home and run the dryer for
awhile just to be sure it's working right...I've been apprehensive to run a
load when I can't sit there for the first while to make sure it's heating,
etc I wish I remembered more of what the situation was when that pop
happened - I know I was turning the timer dial and I think I was pushing it
in when I shouldn't (or not pushing it in when I should've been) and it
probably tried to turn on as a result and then I was pushing it along by
keeping it pushed in and I'm guessing that's what caused it to trip.

snip
You may have just furnished the final piece to the puzzle. My guess
is that you would probably find a burn mark inside the dryer control
panel. If you were putting pressure on the control it MIGHT move it
just enough to make contact with something is shouldn't be making
contact with --- and it may never do it again (we all hope).

Keep us posted,
Mark