Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Domestic CH - to zone or not to zone...

"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , Mike Barnard
writes

The dilemma is whether to zone off the rear two rooms upstairs.

I cannot answer this from a DIY perspective, because I didn't do ours,
but, having had it done, I think it is wonderful. We have four entirely
independent timers, controlling the heating for three areas, plus hot
water, all powered by a conventional oil fired boiler. Different parts of
the house are heated at different times, to suit our needs. The times can
be overridden, of course. Different times for each day of the week, if
required. Yes, there are TRVs on the rads, which help, and in theory we
could run around adjusting them, but who does?

The only downside is reminding the family that hot air rises - it is
fairly pointless having just the downstairs heating on, with all the
bedroom doors wide open :-)

The you have teenagers or cats. One leaves the door open, the other expects
the door to be left open.

Adam