Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default yale eurocylinder, inner key blocks use of outer key

"Mathew Newton" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 28 Jun, 12:56, RobertL wrote:

Aha, that is what I will do I think. Presumably they would just stick
out a bit further, which would be fine.

However I believe that such an extrusion is apparently the weak point
with Euro cylinders. I don't know any more than that so hopefully
someone with more knowledge can confirm/deny this and explain further.

Mathew

I heard of someone who had locked themselves out (after leaving by another
door with a latch bolt) and called a locksmith (another key was in the lock
on the inside). He filed a bit off the end of the key and it allowed the key
to then open the lock.

Any views on why this worked?