Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidM DavidM is offline

Default Painting ? - water based paint over oil based

I've got some bedroom doors which I've primed, and then undercoated with
Dulux Trade Undercoat. The coverage is good (though I've deliberately kept a
slight grained finish). We have some visitors staying this weekend and SWMBO
wants them finished off tomorrow! To minimise the smell I was thinking of
using Dulux Quick Drying Satinwood, which is a water based paint (I think).
Am I likely to have any problems putting a water based top coat onto an oil
based undercoat (which went on Tuesday, so it is dry)? Will I get away with
one coat (only have time for one coat tomorrow)?
Thanks for any advice.
David