Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default wire size and 200amp service

In article , Terry wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:34:42 -0700, wrote:

I am doing a significant kitchen upgrade and the contractor has
recommended that I upgrade the electrical service to 200amp. I've had
3 electricians out to quote on the work---and received 3 very
different opinions and prices. Two have told me it is not necessary
to upgrade the main power line in the house from the meter to the load
center. The other one says I must.

I agree with the 2 that say it is not necessary,

Bzzzzt! Wrong answer, but thanks for playing. It absolutely is. 2/0 aluminum
is rated at 150A max, per NEC Table 310.15(B)(6).

--
Regards,