Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Strange problem with low energy light bulb

"Arny Krueger"
"Phil Allison"

Fallicy #1 - all CFL's are the same.

** No-one said that.

Total red herring anyhow.

The variations in dimmable CFLs are pretty obvious in use.

** WRONG subject - you ****ing IMBECILE !!!!!!!!!

Dimmable CFL's are available in enough different
wattages to be useful in a wide variety of applications.

** Shame they are prohibitively more expensive and hard
to find.

Dimmable CFLs are available in the US ...

** None on general retail sale here in Aussie.

True that disposal is more critical especially because
of the the mercury. However, I've seen situations where
CFL's outlast incadescents by 20:1.

** Non sequitur - most folk have seen the reverse far
more often.

I am reflecting on my experience which is based on the use of several
100's of bulbs in a church/school.

** Try following the context too - you ****ing IMBECILE.

** More example selecting.

Homes in Australia are mostly all electric.

Not true in the US.

** So ****ing what ?

God you stinking YANKS are so ****ing parochial.

Clearly not true at all if you are cooling the room,
which is true in maybe 90% of the US in the summer.

** Domestic lighting is only used at night, when a little
extra heat is mostly welcome.

IME, not true.

** Yawn - Arny the ASS just ignores what is actually posted.

Typical ASD ****ed, compewter geek, egomaniac with a bad attitude.