Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Strange problem with low energy light bulb

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Were any of them made by Philips or Osram ?

Yep, I still have a new DOA Phillips in the original packing. I just wish I
still had the receipt :-(

You seem to have exceptionally bad luck.

I have tried at least 3 different styles by Phillips, and at least one from
Osram, not to mention total crap like Mirabella and many others.
NONE of them lasted any better than an incandescent in the same position.

Are you even remotely aware how exceptionally strange that is ? A few years back
some brands were affected by the 'bad caps' issue. Maybe that affected your
judgement of them ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

I for one, have never had a CFL fail to last at least years in practical use.

Graham