Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Drywall screws

Thomarse wrote:
On Jun 28, 1:04 pm, Rumble wrote:
Thomarse said the following on 28/06/2007 12:35:

On Jun 28, 12:31 pm, Thomarse wrote:
A very simple short question for you....
What size drywall screws should I use if Im building a partition wall
with 47 x 75mm timber and 12mm plasterboard?
My guess would be so the screw goes at least halfway into the timber,
so approx 40mm length screws?
any advice, as always much appreciated!
Just remembered the other part of my question.. what size screws would
I need to attach the soleplates etc to floors and walls and the studs
and noggins to the frame?
Thanks again

Have a look at this:-

http://www.lafargeplasterboard.co.uk..._specifica...- Hide quoted text -

good point philosopher... I'm just too keen to make things as strong
as possible.. my common sense gets left behind sometimes!

An inch into wood, and an inch and a half into masonry is what I aim for
with size 8 screws