Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:00:14 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:23:12 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

My mother-in-law and father-in-law both moved over here over fifty-years
ago - for most of her working life she actually worked in the hospital that
treated her so badly in the end!

Ironic or what ;-(

The problem wasn't so much the logistics of visiting, it was that her
family are all in their seventies and eighties, so multiple trips were too
hard on them.

The (nice) lady in the bed next to my missus was 80 years old and she
was regularly visited by her mother who was 103!

At one point there were 5 generations there ..

All the best ..

T i m

They did all visit at various points, but virtually all only managed the
one trip towards the end and one trip for the funeral - they live over in
Leitrim, Sligo and Fermanagh, so it's a fair journey right across the
country first. Some are pretty fit and well, but others are frail and a
couple disabled.

The worst part was that when MIL was well, she was on the phone to one or
another pretty well every other night, then when she needed to talk she was
isolated. There was only so much that we could pass back and forth in
messages and it just wasn't the same.

SteveW