Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower dealer said do not wash mower

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:57:15 -0700, Harry K
wrote:

[snip]

What is wrong with just mowing over them? I haven't raked leaves in
over 30 years and I have a couple of maples along with many other
trees.

Harry K

I've never used a leaf blower, and the only time I've raked leaves
since I moved here (7 years ago) was last December when the pear tree
dropped its leaves after I had the holiday decorations out (and so
couldn't use the mower).

BTW, I know a neighbor who does use a (gas) leaf blower, and has a
4-year-old daughter who gets scared when she hears that really loud
thing.
--
Mark Lloyd

The guy across the street from me - his leaf blower lost its muffler a
couple of years ago. Imagine two sounds mixed in equal proportions: shop vac
and dentist's drill. Now, imagine them sent through the sound system at a
major baseball stadium, and you're standing 10 feet from the PA speaker. He
thinks it's funny. And, he'll spend hours chasing one leaf around the yard.

I think the reason none of us have killed him is that because we're hoping
his wife does it first.