Posted to rec.woodworking
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

Morris Dovey wrote:
Scott Lurndal wrote:

| How about a simple platform, 8' x 8' (two sheets of 3/4" ply) on
| a 2x8 frame with 2x6 joists (24" on center) supported by 4x6 posts
| at truck bed level. Build up your pallet on the platform, rather
| than on the ground, then just shift into truck.

I just love usenet! ;-)

That would work if I put the platform on wheels and added an elevator
to raise the items to go on the pallet.

Kinda like a fork lift that lets one raise the pallet, then build the
load. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

How about a hydraulic lift table? Same idea ... plop the pallet down,
build the load, wheel it to the truck, jack up the table. HF has them
fairly reasonably priced. For your volume, a foot-operated table would
be plenty good enough.

Cheaper than a hi-lo, probably has additional uses in your shop. (place
to set Monday morning donuts & coffee for the crew ;-)

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000752-2, 06/27/2007
Tested on: 6/28/2007 1:24:23 AM