Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower dealer said do not wash mower

So, wash the mower. Just take some WD or other spray oil, and
relube the berrings a couple times a year. Problem solved.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"rogerfisher" wrote in message
: I just bought a new Scag Turf Tiger mower. One of the things
that the
: dealer told me was not to wash it. He said to just blow it off
with a
: blower or air hose. He said that water will rust the bearings
and it is
: best never to wash it. I have never heard of this. I got the
impression
: that it wasn't just for Scag but is meant for all mowers. We
live in a very
: dusty environment and I have always washed the mower after
mowing. Has
: anyone heard of this? Comments?
:
: Thanks,