Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,sci.electronics.repair
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com is offline

Default Portable A/C

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:01:59 -0000, "
wrote:

On Jun 27, 6:50?pm, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:55:23 -0000, "

wrote:
your far better off buying several window units, more efficent, no
moving hassles, quieter, since at least some of the noise is outside.

and small window units are cheap.

As is your bad advice here.

--

Ahh I see I have a fan thats awesome makes for great debates that
invaribly I win.

Locally a portable unit is 450 bucks

thats kinda pricey

You can buy 3 5000 BTU windows units and have bucks left over.

plus no messing with condensate drain, noise mostly outside, walk from
room to room in comfort.

plus often its useful to cool say a bedroom before bedtime.

with a portable it will already be in use.

so please explain why my advice is bad. sure portables have their
place but its not a mainstream product, since its cost is high

If you want me to educate you, pay me.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/