Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Mower dealer said do not wash mower

On Jun 27, 3:04 pm, "rogerfisher" wrote:
I had a brain malfunction. Your advice is right on. I didn't even consider
that. Thanks!

Roger

"Harry K" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 27, 3:41 am, "rogerfisher" wrote:
I just bought a new Scag Turf Tiger mower. One of the things that the
dealer told me was not to wash it. He said to just blow it off with a
blower or air hose. He said that water will rust the bearings and it is
best never to wash it. I have never heard of this. I got the impression
that it wasn't just for Scag but is meant for all mowers. We live in a
very
dusty environment and I have always washed the mower after mowing. Has
anyone heard of this? Comments?

Thanks,

Roger

Strange. I read through most of the replies. Didn't see one that
said anything but "I heard...". Now let us apply some logic here.

Do you really think that something that will harm your very expensive
equipment would _not_ be mentioned in the manual. That it would be
left to the dealer to tell the customer?

Don't ask here, go direct to the manufacturer, they must have customer
service that you can call. Don't take a salesman's word for something
like that.

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

If/when you get the official word, please post the results.

Harry K