Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default wire size and 200amp service

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:34:42 -0700, wrote:

I currently have 150amp service. The meter and the load center are
separated by about 50-feet. The wiring from the meter to the load
center is 2/0 aluminum. I work for a major residential electrical

This should ease your mind. Unless you are using more stuff than the
average 1800 sq ft home owner 150A service is plenty. This page came
up with total load of 110A

http://hometips.com/articles/sunset_...lusage022.html

To understand how the formula works, consider the example of a house
with 1,800 square feet (based on outside dimensions) of finished
living space and space adaptable for future use. The house has the
usual two small-appliance circuits (3,000 watts), a laundry circuit
(1,500 watts), a hot water heater (5,500 watts), a clothes dryer
(5,600 watts), a dishwasher (1,500 watts), a garbage disposal (600
watts), a range (15,000 watts), and a central air conditioner (5,000
watts).