Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] szeik@hotmail.com is offline

Default Air conditioners make outlets hot

On Jun 27, 6:16 pm, mm wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:22:06 -0400, mm
wrote:

No, the normal amount of current would make the outlet or plug hot if
the connection is bad.

So probably all you have to do is change the outlet, the receptacle,
for a newer one. Don't buy the cheapest but one step up from that,
about a dollar or less, but not 29 cents.

(Really, if the outlet is using the back stap parts, you might only
have to take the wires out of that and put them under the screws, but
since you're taking the whole thing apart, maybe get new. REmove the
backstab wires by pushing a small screwdriver in to the hole right
next to the wire hole. When the breaker is off.)

Well, thanks for all the feedback on this one!

The electrician came this morning and replaced the outlets and also
the plug for the AC in my daughters room - it had a black spot and I
guess it was shorted out a bit. I think that plug was causing some of
the problems. Maybe it got cooked from her outlet.

They are running nice and cool today! No noticeable heat.

Thanks a bunch!

Steve