Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How prices have changed

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message

Today's frost-free refrigeration is inherently wasteful, for the sake of
convenience.

Every salesman tells you efficiency is better now than whevever you last
bought, even though not much has changed since the energy crisis of the
1970s. Every generation thinks it invented the best of pop music.

I used to have a second refrigerator in the basement, a 12 cubic foot with
small freezer. it was not frost free at all. It was probably made in the
1960's. I replaced it with a frost free 18 cu ft model that takes less than
half the energy for a larger space. My electric bill dropped $10 a month.
Sounds more efficient to me.

I'm saving energy with the larger frost free over the older, smaller,
standard model.