Posted to alt.home.repair
Freckles Freckles is offline

Default Mower dealer said do not wash mower

"rogerfisher" wrote in message
I just bought a new Scag Turf Tiger mower. One of the things that the
dealer told me was not to wash it. He said to just blow it off with a
blower or air hose. He said that water will rust the bearings and it is
best never to wash it. I have never heard of this. I got the impression
that it wasn't just for Scag but is meant for all mowers. We live in a
very dusty environment and I have always washed the mower after mowing.
Has anyone heard of this? Comments?

Thanks,

Roger

I have a Toro Personal Pace Mower. In the instruction manual it calls for
hosing off the mower with water as necessary.

However it does state to have the mower running while washing it.

Check your owner's manual.