Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnard Mike Barnard is offline

Default Domestic CH - to zone or not to zone...

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:14:24 +0100, Mike Barnard
wrote:

Any CH design guru's aid me in my small dilemma please?

I have a 1960's mid terrace Wimpy (spit) three bed house. It had no

Thanks for all the inputs. Excuse me if I don't reply to each post
individually.

I certaintly agree in the idea of zoning in larger houses, but this is
a small 3 bed terrace house. No room at all to supply pipework to
each rad! And I'll have to cross many floor joists so I don't want to
cut too many pipe holes in either.

So, a couple more questions if I may.

1. Can I have a common return to the boiler or will that cause
problems?

2. Are there any websites that show the theories behind zoning? Yes,
I have googled and found many sites seling valves, but no tech guides.
Nothing in the FAQ either.

3. Should I just do the two north facing rooms?

4. Or three zones... North facing up, south facing up and downstairs?

5. Or one zone up, one down...

6. What size pipes can I get away with if I'm only doing a couple of
rads?

Anything else of a practical nature? Regs?

Again, many thanks.