Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Domestic CH - to zone or not to zone...

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:49:10 +0100, Lurch wrote:

You can get mini valves that can be fitted to each rad. Not exactly
sure where you would source the as I've never looked tbh.

Honeywell does a system with some sort of motorised rad valves (bulky and
look sh1t IMNSHO). I don't know how they control it all.

Some moons ago I adapted TRVs by glueing PCB-mounting resistors onto the
sensing elements so that by applying 12V to the resistor the valve would
turn off. I planned to control it all by some custom controller, but never
got the Tuits to make it happen :-(

--
John Stumbles

Fundamentalist agnostic