Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Multi Function Test Meters

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:26:52 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:28:59 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Lurch wrote:

Has anyone tried or used one of these:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...073/index.html

It seems remarkably cheap compared to many of the multi function meters.
It's not that cheap actually, pretty much most of the manufacturers do
a multifunction tester for well under 500GBP.
ok, well cheap compared to the likes of the Robin multi function boxes,
or a pile of separate testers.

http://www.isswww.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?id=5286
Oh, better still ;-)

I was toying with the idea of "upgrading" my collection of standalone
Megger testers to a combined device, since some of my current ones have
some limitations (the continuity/insulation resistance tester only does
low ohms to 0.1 ohm resolution, the RCD tester does not have a ramp test
or the timer duration for testing time delayed RCDs, and the loop tester
does not have a non RCD tripping mode, or ability to read PSC/PFC
directly).

This one intrigues me:

http://www.isswww.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?id=7067

What does the 17th edition introduce that will require tests not
currently supported on existing kit?

The only thing that this box offers over a minimal sixteenth tester is RCD
trip current?

I think that most of them have that as well though...? If you compare
this one with the 16th edition version:

http://www.isswww.co.uk/datasheets/Dilog/9073.pdf

the spec looks pretty similar

The OP should note that a minimum multi function 15th tester can be got
with calibration and VAT for just under 300.

I already have a pile of Megger beasties that meet 15th edition
requirements, nut as I mentioned the lack of things like not trip loop
test, and a high res low ohms range are annoying.

Such a box won't have nice things like auto-null on continuity, DC
saturation of the RCD during loop testing etc. etc.

Sorry I meant to say 16th tester . Mine's the bottom of the range Kewtech.