Posted to alt.home.repair
Harlan Messinger Harlan Messinger is offline

Default Sheer frustration

Why it takes me so long to get up the steam to start a home improvement
project:

I got a pedestal sink to replace a vanity sink in a powder room. I need
to put in a backer board. I remove some of the drywall and find two
plastic pipes from above, presumably drain pipes, one straight down the
middle between the water supply pipes and one on the left just inside
the stud, and BOTH smack against the back of the drywall.

So, no backer board, hence I trash the pedestal sink, OR I build a
projection in front of the wall and hang the sink from *that* but then I
have to have the sink's supply lines and drainpipe extended forward; and
by then the sink's too far into the room anyway.

Or I can go big time and have all the plumbing *inside* the wall
rerouted. Yeah, right.

How do all of you ever get anything done?