Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster digitalmaster is offline

Default Mower dealer said do not wash mower

"hobbes" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 27, 6:41 am, "rogerfisher" wrote:
I just bought a new Scag Turf Tiger mower. One of the things that the
dealer told me was not to wash it. He said to just blow it off with a
blower or air hose. He said that water will rust the bearings and it is
best never to wash it. I have never heard of this. I got the impression
that it wasn't just for Scag but is meant for all mowers. We live in a
very
dusty environment and I have always washed the mower after mowing. Has
anyone heard of this? Comments?

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

I have heard of this and also never wash my mower a Honda 21 inch.
What I do do is have some nylon scrubbing brushes that I quickly go
over the mower with to get most of the grass and dust off it.

By the way what are your impressions on the SCAG? I was looking at
them and they look like a really good machine, and was thinking about
getting one, though perhaps not as large as yours. What engine size
did you go for? One final question is does it do well on slopes?

Best, Mike.

I very rarely wash any of my equipment.I usually just use an air hose.Unless
I get mud on the tractor or something similar.