Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default box joints

wrote in message
I've just started making box joints and they're so tight I don't see
how I can get them together after putting glue on them and get a box
assembled before the glue sets up. How do you tweak them so they
slide together a little easier?

The glue should actually act a bit as a lubricant.

As for how to adjust, many joints are difficult to impossible to redo. Like
the old saying goes if you don't practice on scrap you will be practicing on
the actual project pieces.

You should always test fit on scraps of the same wood and should try to
assemble on the same day. Humidity and temperature changes from one day to
the next can cause joints to fit loosely or more tightly.