Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default catv double cable

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:07:49 -0400, "Kitep"
wrote:

Ok, I hope I can explain this clearly. The cable tv company has a cable
coming to my house and going under my porch. There it hits a cable splitter
with 2 lines going to 2 different rooms. The cable coming in is a single
"strand". One of the room lines is also a single "strand". The other is a
double "strand", but only 1 strand is connected to the splitter. I imagine
this is leftover from when cable boxes had A/B knobs. In the room, both
strands come out of the wall, but only 1 has a proper connector on it, the
other strand is just cut.

Will the 1 "strand" work like a single cable, or will it need to be
replaced?

Does your tv receive programs? Programs above channel 13? If so, it
works.

Also, iiuyc, the cable guy wouldn't have left it this way if he didn't
think it would work. And if the same strand is connected to the
splitter as is connected to the tv, that should be fine