Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default CRT TVs

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:37:43 -0000, wrote:

[snip]

Damned if I know how you can claim "everyone is better off in the end".

Yes, some will be worse off, but not by much. There is a small
minority that receive NTSC today over the air and don't accept the
value proposition of having an HD picture that puts to shame what they
are watching now,

Strangely, I find the difference (HD resolution compared to 480 lines)
to be nearly insignificant. There is a considerable difference, but
most of that is in ATSC, rather than HD.

Of course, these people will still need a converter for 480-line ATSC
broadcasts.

or simply can't afford a new TV. They will have to
buy a converter. The cost is estimated at a whopping $50 to $100.
And the fed govt has already announced a program to give any household
that requests it, 2 rebate coupons for $40 each. That means you
could still use your 2 existing TV's for a cost of ~$70.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"