Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tinybirds@yahoo.com is offline

Default What type recessed lighting to get?

Hello All,
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Here's my situation;

I want to put in recessed lighting in my living room. My friend the
electrician said he would help and I should go to Home depot and buy
the lights I like.

Problem; I am a girl with NO recessed lighting experience.
Went to home depot, to discover there are different kinds of recessed
lighting... who would have thunk it.

More info;
there is an attic space above the living room with easy access.
Insulation up there. The pink panther kind.

What type should I get if I want to save on electric bill?
And if those are too expensive, the affordable kind? Would like to
stay under $300 for everything.

Do they need to be on a dimmer switch? And what else do I have to buy
to just go home and install these.
Thanks,
Annette