Posted to rec.woodworking
JimR JimR is offline

Default Examples of Chinese Joinery posted to a.b.p.w.

"charlieb" wrote in message

[snip]
There's a
book
by a German about Chinese furniture - you might want to get - it's
under $30 by Ecke - amazon probably has it, Barnes & Noble may have
it on their shelves. The author gives you a lot of background on
the styles of various dynasties and the evolution of standard
designs.

[snip]

I do have the Ecke book -- bought it at Woodcraft -- plus another useful
book that I bought in China -- either Kunming or Chongqing -- on furniture
building and joinery. Of course, the latter is in Chinese, but the drawings
and photos are useful, and I can read enough Chinese to use it, along with
help from a Chinese - English dictionary for specialty terms. Regards --