Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Multi Function Test Meters

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:47:03 +0100, John Rumm
mused:

Lurch wrote:

Hmm, as I'm about to buy a new multifunction tester in readiness for
the upcoming inevitable 'approvals body of my choice' registration I

i.e. cheapest! ;-)

Probably NICEIC actually, saves all the explanations as to who the
others are when people request NIC certs.

suppose I'd better find out if there is actually a difference! I
noticed a while ago a few on eBay were selling stuff for 17th edition
but I put that down to pillocks talking ********.

Currently looking at the Alphatek MI3000.

Hmm, butt ugly, but nice amount of info on the LCD. The free calibration
drops the price in real terms quite a bit as well.

Yeah, I' not too bothered about looks. Curently I've got a Seaward
SBS7671 and that looks a bit cheap and nasty tbh so anything is an
improvement. Got a couple of calls back with prices from other places
for that and one of the Kewtech ones and no-one can touch their
prices. The PAT tester I bought last year though I got a better price
on from CEF with one of their own branded MTE units.

The MI3000 doesn't look too different from the Fluke 1652 which most
people seem to be touting as the standard tester for stocking on the
shelves.
--
Regards,
Stuart.