Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How prices have changed

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:18:47 -0400, mm
wrote:

He said that a Kelvinator model, the first one to have side by side
doors for freezer and fridge, sold for 399 dollars in 1945. Isn't
that interesting. You can buy a refridgerator for the same price now,
I think, and a side by side for probably not much more.

BTW, I don't know if fridges are made in Mexico, or somewhere off
shore, or if prices have gone down because of that, but even before
prices that would have happened, they still weren't much higher than
they are now. Nowhere near 400 adjustedd for inflation.