Posted to rec.woodworking
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default workbench?

Duck wrote:
At the risk of all the abuse I am about to receive... :-)

Has anyone seen one of these up close and in person? Of those that
have, any opinions?

The legs look too flimsy for woodworking, but it might be a great bench
for model making or the like.

FWW has a workbench to build that looks to be strong and inexpensive to
build. It also doesn't look like a year long magnus opus.

They call it their "New-Fangled Workbench" and it relies on pipe clamps,
wedges and move-able center plates for some pretty versatile clamping.
Dimensions are not given ... build to suit. I've pretty much decided
that it will be my next project.

You'll find it in their November / December 1999 issue, starting on page
98. You may need to subscribe to the Taunton Press website to get the
..pdf file, I'm not certain, but I've had no regrets over the money I
laid out for that subscription.

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000752-1, 06/26/2007
Tested on: 6/26/2007 12:51:36 PM