Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default CRT TVs

wrote:

On Jun 25, 11:33 pm, wrote:

What law is that? The FCC is shutting down NTSC BROADCAST signals,
which doesn't say anything about cable. Nor do they care, because
the push to go digital is so the FCC can auction off the spectrum now
occupied by digital and rake in billions.

Last line, "...occupied by analog and rake in billions".

Also, wouldn't NTSC just change its standard and use the same name.
Aren't DVDs (digital) and NTSC? (I realize they are not HD)

I believe the new standard is called ATSC or something like that (A for
advanced). DVDs are digital, but the normal DVDs have no relation to the
new broadcast standards.