Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default CRT TVs

This is interesting:
What about my VCR, DVD player and camcorder? Will I be able to use them with an HDTV set?

HDTV sets are “backward compatible,” meaning existing analog equipment (VCRs, DVD players, camcorders, video games, etc.) will work on digital TV sets, but not in high definition. Their video will be displayed in the maximum resolution that is available with each product.

But what about the opposite question. Will current VCRs and DVD
recorder be able to record digital signals off of the cable or
satellite? Do digital tv's have an analog output, or will all the
analog vcrs and dvd recorders be obsolete for those with digital
reception? I think the answer to the first is No, and to the second
is Yes.