Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default CRT TVs

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:54:37 -0000, "
wrote:

Or cable, unfortunately and probably corruptly.

Only satellite is currently exampt from the new HD rules, despite the
fact that there is afaik no reason not to exampt cable.

What do you use?

First THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT FOR HD otherwise known as high def!

Digital! That's what I meant. Sorry.

Congress is forcing the end of analog over the air transmissions but
as long as you have cable or satellite it doesnt matter.

Someone on this list or more likely sci.electronics.repair said a feww
months ago that it applied to cable too, and posted a link to
government or at least a serious looking site that gave the text of
the reg or statute that required this. It looked real to me.

I've searched for this thread for the last 20 minutes in my old s.e.r
posts and via groups.google, and I can't find it.

digital doesnt necessarily mean better picture quality

locally nearly no one has a over the air antenna, people rightly or
wrongly think it looks bad. Here in pittsburgh with the hills you need
a really good antenna, with a rotor.

again the change doesnt matter unless you watch tv OTA

again, I read otherwise. It seems stupid which is why I called it
probably corrupt.

I would suggest calling the cable company to find out, but I don't
think that's reliable. Everytime I call my ISP they say an
improvement is due within a few months, even though it takes years or
forever.